Scouting for Designer Direction Stylists and Hair & Makeup Artists
Designer Direction is currently in scout and recruit mode. Our mission: is to seek out talented fashion stylists, hair and makeup artists (MUA) to assist us on photography shoots.
What kind of gig’s do we have lined up?
Our future editorial calendar is currently being planned but these are the 2 main areas of work;
- Editorial Spreads of Designer Collections to go with Interviews & Feature Articles
- Special Makeup & Hair Features (these are Secret Squirrel for now but trust us, they will be awesome)
What experience are we looking for?
We are looking for people with talent and skill and not necessarily oodles of experience. If you can prove to us that you have the potential to be (or already are) amazing, if you are passionate, reliable, fun and committed then you need to get in touch.
Sounds great, what are the perks?
The perks my friend are many and include;
- Fattening up your portfolio with kick ass shoots
- Exposure of your talent through Designer Direction to help build your credentials in the industry
- Gaining experience in the fashion industry with a pretty cool and reputable fashion website
- The opportunity to work with other brilliant people, build some networks and more importantly have fun!
- The work is unpaid but we pay in ♥ and via all of the perks above numbered 1-4.
When does it all start? How often is the work available? So many questions…
Work in these areas probably won’t kick in until early October and we will probably have a pool of up to 4 assignments available per month that will be offered and shared fairly between our team. So, it’s more than likely that you will be allocated an assignment every 4-6 weeks.
I want in NOW! What do I do next?!
We should have mentioned it earlier but we are looking for expressions of interest from those located in Auckland or Wellington only.
If you think you have what we are looking for email email@example.com and dazzle us with with your portfolio or examples of your work, website links, include your CV, a brag about yourself and why you want to be a part of Designer Direction.